England Vs Sri Lanka — T20 World Cup 2021 Match #29 Quick Review! Is There Anyone Better Than Jos Buttler?
England Vs Sri Lanka Quick Review — Sri Lanka take the upper hand early on but Jos Buttler just too good.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: England Vs Sri Lanka Video Highlights
Toss: Sri Lanka won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah, UAE
Umpires: Adrian Holdstock & Rod Tucker
What Actually Happened
- Winner: England won by 26 runs
- Scores: England 163/4 Sri Lanka 137/10
- Player of the Match: Jos Buttler 101* (67)
- Best Figures- Wanindu Hasaranga (4–0–21–3)
- Adil Rashid (4–0–19–2)
- Most Runs- Jos Buttler 101* (67)
- Wanindu Hasaranga 34 (21)
Moments of The Day:
- Jos Buttler — anyone better him in T20 cricket? In a tough pitch with England batting first, England stumbled to 35/3 in 5.2 overs. Then, with Eoin Morgan, who himself scored 40 (36) with three sixes, Buttler stitched a wonderful comeback. Buttler was 35 (38) at one stage and then accelerated with 66 runs in the next 29 balls. Is there a better combination of an anchor and finisher in world cricket right now?
- What can Wanindu Hasaranga not do? Already the find of the year in world cricket, today he was the only Sri Lankan to provide resistance with the bat and the ball.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Tymal Mills Goes Home
- Tymal Mills…was a beautiful story at the beginning of the tournament. For five years, he was out of the side due to form and back injury. After years of hardwork & The Hundred, he made an inspiring comeback. However he had to leave after 1.3 overs today. End of a career or does he have one more comeback in him?
Also Read: 200th Article Special: 5 Things I have Learned From My Journey of Cricket Writing
T20 World Cup Points Table, Most Runs, Wickets, Catches, Dismissals
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Charith Asalanka — 231 runs (Sri Lanka, 6 Matches)
- Wanindu Hasaranga — 16 wickets (Sri Lanka, 8 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod — 7 catches (Scotland, 6 Matches)
- Matthew Wade — 7 dismissals (Australia, 4 Matches)
Group 1 Table
TeamsPlayedWonLostTiedNo-ResultPointsNet Run Rate1. England44008+ 3.1832. Australia43106+ 1.0313. South Africa43106+ 0.7424. Sri Lanka52304- 0.2695. West Indies41302- 1.5586. Bangladesh50500- 2.383T20 World Cup 2021 Group 1 Points Table
Group 2 Table
TeamsPlayedWonLostTiedNo-ResultPointsNet Run Rate1. Pakistan44008+ 1.0652. Afghanistan42204+ 1.4813. New Zealand32104+ 0.8164. India31102+ 0.0735. Namibia31202- 1.6006. Scotland30300- 2.645T20 World Cup 2021 Group 2 Points Table
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review — Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review — Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review — Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review — Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 11/01/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer — Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah — Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images